It’s that time of year again. “Give good food to your Mac” is back with another set of software to choose from. The twist is the more you buy, the cheaper it gets, literally. Choose 3 apps, save 30%, 4 gets you 40% but 5+ gets you 50% off. It’s time limited, so 10 days to go.
Last year I purchased 10 pieces of software for the price of the 1 piece I actually wanted (Unity 3D). In that package I also got an impressive casual 3D modeler, Cheetah 3D. It won’t replace Maya or MAX, but for a lot of tasks it’s perfect. Yes some of the apps on there are a little gimmicky, some of them you may never use, but it really doesn’t matter if you’re getting the other apps for free (in my case anyway).
So what’s on this years list? My picks would be:
- Cheetah 3D – Fast 3D modeler, raytracer renderer and animation.
- Toon Boom Studio – A well known fully featured animation package.
- Hydra Aperture Plugin – HDRI images done fast.
- Scribbles – One of those lovely little quick to use apps (see video).
- MacPilot – Access 900 power-user/hidden Mac features, e.g. show hidden files (better than the AppleScript alternative perhaps.
- Renamer – If you’re not a Terminal Guru, or want to save some braincells you might like this batch file renamer, if it saves you 30 minutes, ever, it’s likely paid for itself.
If you’re in the market for any of these or one of the other utilities on there you might consider the 50% off a deal clincher. Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this site nor its creators.
- November 20, 2008
- 0 Comments